[TYPO3-hci] BE vs FE

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Wed Aug 2 11:36:22 CEST 2006

Waldemar Kornewald wrote:

> But TYPO3 already has a container type: pages
> Why do you want to introduce yet another similar, but totally distinct
> concept?

As I told both database browsers and file browsers are useful - they
can't replace each others.

And it is not reasonalbe to take off useful File Manager tool.
But what you would want is a new module, which
lists both pages + related files.
That can't newer replace a good filemanager and that can never
express all relations.
But that module could as express simple page - file relations
- exactly what you need.

what in your attitude is extremely annoying that you ask to take off a
useful tool claiming it as a totally disctinct concept
- it is really weird that you call a tool a totally disctict concept
- really weird.