[TYPO3-hci] BE vs FE

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Tue Aug 1 20:36:56 CEST 2006

Waldemar Kornewald wrote:
> On 8/1/06, Tapio Markula <tapio.markula at dnainternet.net> wrote:
>
>> > I'm saying that the CMS should recognize which files are related to
>

> Oops, I forgot the "not". IOW: I don't really need automatic
> recognition of file<->page relations.
>
>> If content 'A' shared and it is used in *every* page, how you mark that?
>

> In case you have an image that is shared by multiple pages you have to
> decide where to put it. For example, you could create a page for
> shared content or maybe one particular page fits best.

but that is just one solution - in fact I have used that.
Typo3 has also the systems. Content "slides" - it was automatic used
in subpages until some other content replaces the sliding.

It is used to many pages but not all and where used can change every day.

If page A get *all* content  from page 'B', the whole sheme could be
extremely complicated. It is nice that you *never* need to copy exactly
the same content but marking references in list would couse jungle.

All relation to sub-trees. A sub-tree can be set as if a sub-page of
certain page (needed sometimes).

Simple relations can be set but in order to be reasonable they can cover
only single relation - not shortcuts and so on.