[TYPO3-core] [Poll[ Integrate Speaking URLs in to TYPO3 CMS7

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Sun Mar 15 17:43:38 CET 2015

Hey.

+1 to have FE routing support in the core directly. This is long overdue.

On 03/15/2015 05:21 PM, Benjamin Mack wrote:
> 1) Integrate RealURL as additional system extension, stabilize for CMS 7
> usage for maximum performance and current PHP 5.5 code base.

+1

Let's get realurl in. It is heavily used and works. People know how to
cope with it and we can modernise code and quality towards current CMS
core standards.

> 2) Come up with a full-fletched URL generating alternative for CMS7.

Yes. I'd love to have a more modern approach than realurl. But that will
take quite some effort to get it right and implement in a sane way. This
will take time and I see little capacity within the core team currently
to achieve this in a decent time frame. All the bells and whistles
(multi domain, languages, cHash, ...) are not trivial and require quite
some thoughts. I see little chance to get that right for CMS 7.
Thus I'd -1 the idea to write / integrate something from scratch now and
would opt to have realurl in until something else evolved eventually.

Regards
Christian