[TYPO3-core] Preventing optionSplit in FILES

Jo Hasenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Jan 29 22:52:59 CET 2015

Am 29.01.2015 um 10:24 schrieb Christian Futterlieb:
> Hi Frans and Jo
>
> Thanks for your feedbacks.
>
>> One the one hand, this would solve your symptom, on the other hand, it would not remove the cause for that symptom. So IMHO we should make sure that objects having optionSplit will be nestable.
> I totally agree with removing the cause instead of solving the symptom.
> The question remains, how to achieve this, if not via typoscript config?
> Because imo it is not possible to know 'automatically', when a split has
> to be prevented and when not.

IMHO this is the only thing we actually know :-)

Lets say there are two objects, that are currently conflicting like
FILES and split.

Current state is

FILES {
   #does the optionSplit for everything iniside the braces
   blah
   split {
     # would like to the split for everything inside it's braces as well
     # but the split has been done by FILES already
   }
   blubb
}

Everything inside FILES as got optionSplit, so blah, split and blubb and
even the lines within the split braces will be modified by it. This will
completely remove the optionSplit of split, since the value will be
broken and not recognized by optionSplit anymore.

New state must be

FILES {
   #does the optionSplit for everything iniside the braces
   blah
   split {
     # does the split for everything inside it's braces as well
     # and split has been ignored by FILES before
     # because split opens another optionSplit section
   }
   blubb
}

Only blah and blubb are handled by the optionSplit of FILES, while the
lines within split remain untouched. Now split can do it's own
optionSplit and everything will be fine.

This problem can't be solved by the switch you proposed, since that
switch would disable optionSplit for everything that belongs to the
parent object, while actually the FILES optionSplit should just be
removed from the second level, since this must be handled by the
optionSplit of split.

So the optionSplit must not be prevented manually, but automatically
each time you enter a next level, which has got optionSplit on its own.

Hope this clarifies it a bit, even though the multiple use of "split"
might look confusing at the first glance ;-)

Cheers

Joey

--
Diversity: