[TYPO3-core] Preventing optionSplit in FILES

Jo Hasenau info at cybercraft.de
Wed Jan 28 01:14:52 CET 2015

Am 27.01.2015 um 13:15 schrieb Christian Futterlieb:
> Hi all!
>
> I'd like to discuss my idea for a possible solution of [1]. I think,
> this issue should be taken care of, because it breaks the TYPO3 key
> feature "Responsive Image Rendering" [2].
>
> Now the idea: we could add an option 'excludeFromOptionSplit' of type
> array to the FILES cObject. Within one offset, it's possible to specify
> a more path, which will the be excluded from optionSplit. For example
> (taken from [1]):

One the one hand, this would solve your symptom, on the other hand, it
would not remove the cause for that symptom. So IMHO we should make sure
that objects having optionSplit will be nestable.

While this sounds easy, it might give you serious trouble especially
when it comes to backwards compatibility, since people might be abuse
the current behaviour already.

Cheers

Joey

--