[TYPO3-core] Domain model "page"

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Sun Feb 22 09:42:34 CET 2015

Hi!

Philipp Wrann wrote:

> As far as i understand a CMS - presenting the page and content model would kind of be domain driven - wouldnt it?

Yes, the domain of TYPO3 is content management. One key feature of TYPO3
and especially it's ontent structure is extendability.

Any domain model which represents the content structure *must*
incorporate this key feature.

> Conclusion: In my opinnion there should definitly be domain models for the CMS part of TYPO3.CMS

I agree that it would be good to have a fitting domain model for our
content structure. Extbase "Domain Models" do not fit *at all* as we
would have to sacrifice our key feature, which is extendability.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel