[TYPO3-core] Domain model "page"

Philipp Wrann philippwrann at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 17:46:01 CET 2015

I dont think you can compair TemplaVoila with an Extbase/Fluid approach. Extbase/Fluid are allready part of the core, modules are written in the framework and so are frontend extensions. Integrators and devs are used to Fluid/Extbase. It would only make sense to unify the frontend generation under that technology.

BTW: I allways considered TemplaVoila as crap and i think others did too... But i cant imagine people would stick to css_styled_content if there would be an extbase/fluid solution. Just because you guys did a real great job (!) on those.

I think starting the change is a frightening and uncomfortable thought but i encourage you to dare it :) Old renderers could simply remain for compatibility (deactivated content adapter).

> We'll probably do some steps into the right direction for 7.2.

love the thought :)

I just wanted to say - Extbase models for pages/content etc and Fluid views would not be NOT domain driven - as TYPO3.CMS basically is a Content Management System.