[TYPO3-core] Domain model "page"

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri Feb 20 15:04:49 CET 2015

Hi,

On 20/02/2015 14:01, Philipp Wrann wrote:
> I dont see a reason why TYPO3.CMS should NOT be shipped with some fresh
> and modern approach like Fluidcontent/Flux etc. are trying to provide. A
> extbase based Frontend with some views shipped by default (can be
> overwritten by templatePaths) would be a real blessing.

Let's go back in time a bit. TYPO3 provided basic templating with
TypoScript and ###MARKER###'s. Kasper made a fresh and modern approach
to templating named "TemplaVoilà".
For several years some people argued that it should be included in the
core because it was easy for their integrators to work with and the core
should be shipped with such a modern approach.

Nowadays many upgrades include a move from TemplaVoilà to Fluid
templates. There is a team that keeps TV working (= keeps it compatible
with new core versions), but it's not actively developed further.

Now you like to see a fresh and modern approach included in the core.

This is exactly the reason why such features need to be kept in
extensions. The core provides basic functionality (you can create page
templates with fluid and also use it in extensions / custom content
elements) and the framework for extensions to do their work.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!