[TYPO3-core] Flexforms + IRRE

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Thu Apr 30 10:27:45 CEST 2015

Hi Christian,

On 2015-04-30 10:07, Christian Kuhn wrote:

> I saw your work but did not had a deep look yet. The flexform save issue
> will be tackled by me soon, thx for the report already.

It is good that someone takes care of TCEforms (may we still call it
that?) so it undergoes some cleanups.

I already tought much about how the whole FormEngine stuff could get
refactored to more modern approach. But one of my first questions would
always be whether to use extbase/fluid for it or not? If those should
get used I guess the first step would be to create a
EditDocumentController which is based on extbase. It could still call
the old FormEngine code but then piece by piece of the FormEngine layers
could get replaced by extbase/fluid based code - from the top to the
bottom. I guess it should be one of the last steps to recreate the
individual form elements (text, select, group, inline, etc.) by modern
replacements.

Is this already planned so or in a somewhat similar fashion?

greetings,
Bernhard