[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 Usability & Backend Apps

Andreas Steiger hallo at andreassteiger.de
Thu Apr 30 09:27:36 CEST 2015

Hi TYPO3 Community,

My name is Andreas Steiger, 29 years old and student of the University of Applied Science in Hof/ Germany. In the next few months I'm going to write my master thesis. The focus of this thesis is Apps in TYPO3 CMS. My intention is to analyse and optimize the usability principles for end users (editors and integrators) using the concept of "Focus Apps". This topic has been discussed during T3UXW14 and seems to be a great enhancement for CMS 8. I'm going to work intensively on this issue until September 2015. However, the implementation of the whole concept is too much for one person that's why I'm focusing on a new customizable list module using the Backend App concept.

Do you have any ideas or great new concepts concerning Backend Apps / "Focus Apps" in TYPO3 CMS? Please let me know and get in touch with me - either via this list, mail or on Slack. Let's bring together our knowledge and develop an amazing prototype for Apps in TYPO3. I'm looking forward to your feedback.

I've been working and developing with TYPO3 CMS for 2 years and I really like it. I'm inspired by the great new usability concepts and upcoming features for CMS 7. That's why I'm eager to dig much more into this topic of improving user experience and usability. Besides that, I'm really happy and motivated now having the chance to give something back to the TYPO3 Community with my master thesis.

Best,
Andi
-  typo3 (at) andreassteiger.de  -