[TYPO3-core] Could not acquire lock for ClassLoader cache creation

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Fri May 9 09:05:42 CEST 2014

Hey,

On 05/09/2014 12:08 AM, Brian Lynch wrote:
> Remember that I am using the new "Locks.php" file, and it looks like it
> tests for the age of the lock file and after 120 seconds it is supposed
> to delete a stale lock file.  Which did not happen in my case. My guess
> is the processing never got that far, don't know why.

Valid point. Maybe we could modify the wait loop a bit:

* Break loop earlier if it is otherwise longer than
max_exececution_time. Maybe something like "max -2" seconds.

* Remove stalled lock file if older than eg. 5 minutes (we need to check
what long running cli processes do here, imho they should usually lock
for some ms only, too).

Furthermore, the install tool must not fail with stalled lock files,
afaik it uses a NullBackend for the class loader cache anyway, so
locking shouldn't be needed at this point?! And the "clear all cache"
could be modified to kill lock files, too, or we add a new button for
that, or at least a hint: "Hey I've found an x seconds old lock file".

What do you think?

Regards
Christian