[TYPO3-core] Access-rights in BE-users

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Fri Mar 21 16:56:52 CET 2014

On 03/21/2014 02:37 PM, Philipp Gampe wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Stefan Neufeind wrote:
>
>> Okay, agreed. As discussed I'll take a look at the other way around
>> then: Shortening the configuration in users even further (mountpoints?)
>> so that everything belonging to access etc. is in one place (the
>> groups). Expect a review in the evening hopefully.
>
> Please keep db and file mounts in the user record. I agree with the
> centralized rights approach, but in all my projects, I needed to assign the
> DB mounts individually to the users. Every user had another unique
> combination of mount points. I guess this is quite common for spots clubs
> where each team coach managers their team on their own.

*sigh* So much for unification. I personally find it a bit unlogic why
we don't either have the *full* rights also in users (and you can use
users without groups) or have it all in the groups since that's
best-practice and you don't have all those details in the
user-configuration.

Well, be it ...

  sn