[TYPO3-core] Access-rights in BE-users

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Mar 21 14:37:51 CET 2014

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Neufeind wrote:

> Okay, agreed. As discussed I'll take a look at the other way around
> then: Shortening the configuration in users even further (mountpoints?)
> so that everything belonging to access etc. is in one place (the
> groups). Expect a review in the evening hopefully.

Please keep db and file mounts in the user record. I agree with the
centralized rights approach, but in all my projects, I needed to assign the
DB mounts individually to the users. Every user had another unique
combination of mount points. I guess this is quite common for spots clubs
where each team coach managers their team on their own.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!