[TYPO3-core] Moving files to a docs-subdir / .htaccess for "security" / nginx-configuration

Michael Stucki michael.stucki at typo3.org
Mon Mar 10 20:53:29 CET 2014

Hi all,

even though I like the idea, I don't think it makes sense. How do you
imagine this to work? Will there be an ".htaccess" file in
Documentation/, but to enable it, one needs to move it into a different
folder? Then I would rather leave it in root folder for which it was made...

I'm also not that happy about moving the ChangeLog out of the root
folder. Isn't it common sense that this is the place for a changelog
file in almost every software?

Regarding the .htaccess protection, I would suggest to add the
limitation into the default _.htaccess file which lies in the root
folder. It should work out of the box.

Greetings, Michael