[TYPO3-core] FAL: Problems with huge number of files in folder

Christian Weiske christian.weiske at netresearch.de
Tue Mar 11 08:33:32 CET 2014

Hi,

We're writing a FAL adapter that allows access to a media storage that
does not have any folders. We're listing all files in the root
folder, since there is no other way for us to do this.

Our problem is that the file list always fetches all files at once, and
applies the paging only afterwards[1].
The correct way in my eyes would be fetching the number of items in the
folder at first, then apply paging, then fetch only relevant files that
will be be displayed.

What do you think? Is that feasible?

We would need to add a getNumberOfFiles() method to Resource\Folder, as
well as the storages.

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/56746

--
Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Weiske

-= Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 =-