[TYPO3-core] Moving files to a docs-subdir / .htaccess for "security" / nginx-configuration

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Mon Mar 10 10:26:19 CET 2014

hey,

yeah, I agree on putting the licensing and documentation stuff to
Documentation/, except for the README.md - however, it's not as
important, as we only symlink typo3/ and index.php to the htdocs/ directory.

First: moving the .txt files to Documentation/ does not change anything
in terms of security right now, so we could do this as a first step.
Adding a .htaccess there with a "Deny from all" should be simple and
effective for 80% - so let's do this as well.

Second: Let's enhance our .htaccess with security options,and modify,
and document it. Adding more variants would be nice as well.

Adding nginx configurations would be huge! Maybe we can also start some
more information on wiki.typo3.org about TYPO3 and nginx.

You got my +1 :).

All the best,
Benni.