[TYPO3-core] After the LTS is before the LTS

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Wed Jul 30 19:29:23 CEST 2014

Hi Dave!

Thank you for your comments. The changes proposed are important enough
to listen to everybody and take arguments into account.

I however kindly ask you to re-consider your tone when voicing your
opinon. There is no need and no place for bashing and blaming in our
community. Instead we strive for a considerate and respectful
collaboration.[2]

To the topic:

We started a discussion on it in this list a month ago and asked for
feedback. We posted a news on typo3.org[1], had a session on that topic
at the TYPO3 Developer days, Ernesto presented the idea on an agency
meetup[3] and Xavier during T3UNI in France.

We invited everybody to "work on that together!"

The feedback we got, was merged into the blueprint.

After quite a while of silence around this topic, we wanted to proceed
further and asked for final feedback in terms of a voting.

On 30.07.14 13:53, Dave wrote:

> I feel this whole discussion is nothing but a sham.

I'm always happy to hear constructive feedback on how the above process
could have been improved. Feel free to come up with some suggestions.

> Outline the current system, outline proposed changes, let them fairly choose from all options available.
> The black and white choice that has been offered is unacceptable.

As outlined above, before we started a voting, we invited everybody to
participate in discussion and even in changing parts of the blueprint.

We also never stopped to emphasize that nothing is "carved in stone".

That said, I would be happy to read a "counter blueprint" and further
suggestions how to improve the further development and release strategy
of TYPO3 CMS. You and everybody else is invited to write one.

The bluprint as outlined above has only one goal: To strengthen TYPO3
CMS and the TYPO3 ecosystem in the near and further future.
Let's make this happen.

Kind regards,
Helmut

[1]http://typo3.org/community/code-of-conduct/