[TYPO3-core] After the LTS is before the LTS

Dave dave.broz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 00:31:14 CEST 2014

Hi helmet,

Sorry if you interpreted my tone in any way, unintentional, but my opinion stays, I find the process a sham.
If there is to be a true intention of collaboration, then decisions at various events should be proposed as options and put to proper vote and not discussed on merit for inclusion. Let the community decide that merit in a vote.

IMHO this has not been done. The issues were not properly categorized, but merged as you went along in a single document.
If you want to include the whole community in the decision making process then make the options clear to the community so that decisions can be made at a single moment as a whole community, and not fragmented across various meetings that many did not attend.

I have no problems with options for voting being compiled across various discussion arenas. But all options should be laid out on the table for everyone to evaluate in a comprehensive vote. What just happened is that you you now have a document with ideas that sounded good at the moment, and any value in anything else was thrown out with the bath water.

What has occurred is nothing more than a Crimean style vote, with no options provided. Voting under such conditions is a waste of time, it is an act of good intent but only an "act" and has no intrinsic value.

If it takes longer to compile the information so be it.
Scheduling and versioning is really important to the whole project, bad stuff happens when things get just pushed along. This is a community project having time is to its advantage.

In this forum I saw multiple ideas for versioning appear without consideration. I have no idea what happened at other events, and it was not clearly documented. Stuff just changed. I think that is an unacceptable process.