[TYPO3-core] Conditions for Extbase Backend Module TS-Configuration really needed?

Peter Niederlag peter.niederlag at typo3.org
Wed Jan 29 12:21:05 CET 2014

Hello,

On 29.01.2014 11:58, Helmut Hummel wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I created a patch that caches TS for Extbase Backend modules in a very
> simple way.

Do you have a pointer to the patch at hand?

[...]

> My question basically is: Did anybody use TS conditions to configure
> Extbase BE-Modules dynamically? Do we desperately need something like this?

Actually I have already used them to separate settings for different
environments (email recipients on live/dev based on hostname).

Are you saying that the cache does not consider the conditions at all?
I'd say caching something that might not return the correct value is not
desirable.

Did you have a look at the way the Frontend evaluates conditions for
cached TS? IMHO it should work similar in BE and should not have a too
bad performance penalty. Of course you are more unlikely to get a cache
hit when conditions are also considered but IMHO this is way more.

Greets,
Peter