[TYPO3-core] Conditions for Extbase Backend Module TS-Configuration really needed?

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Wed Jan 29 11:58:18 CET 2014

Hi!

I created a patch that caches TS for Extbase Backend modules in a very
simple way. The downside would be that introducing this cache only the
TS-conditions valid (if any) during the cache population would be
respected. Later calls to fetch the configuration would return
stacically cached TS.

My question basically is: Did anybody use TS conditions to configure
Extbase BE-Modules dynamically? Do we desperately need something like this?

I'm not saying that it might not be useful for some edge case, but the
cost for that is very high performance wise.

I'm happy to hear your opinions on that topic.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel