[TYPO3-core] Removing feature of compressing and merging external files

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Tue Jan 7 15:34:42 CET 2014

Hi!

On 07.01.14 14:07, Xavier Perseguers wrote:

>> It also enables being able to serve just one JS file for your end users without having to import the file manually in case it’s updated on the remote server.

In how many client projects did you do so? What was the file you
integrated like that?

It might well be that I'm missing something here.

> and if you really want to
> concatenate/compress then fetch it using some scheduler task on a
> regular basis and then consider it as local.

It is a one-liner which can be directly added to the crontab. A
scheduler task would be more lines only because of the API to be fulfilled.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel