[TYPO3-core] Documentation status

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Feb 27 15:19:24 CET 2014

Hi all,

I wanted to give you a status update and raise some (serious) issues
related to the official documentation ahead of the release of TYPO3 CMS 6.2.

First the good news: the manuals that are generally kept up to date
should be once more updated on time. These are:

- TypoScript reference
- TSconfig reference
- TCA reference
- Core APIs

Some very basic tutorials with very few screenshots will likely be okay
or can be updated with little effort. These are:

- TypoScript in 45 minutes
- Templating tutorial

And now the bad news. Introductory manuals such as:

- Installation guide
- Getting started tutorial
- Editors guide

are already out of date and will be even more so with the revamped
Install Tool and all the UX changes. With the current manpower (i.e.
Christopher, Christian Wöbberking and me), there is simply no hope to
have these manuals updated on time.

And of course, there's still the big FAL desert.

I don't see any solution except having more manpower. So if any of you
out there feel inspired to contribute to documentation, this is a very
good time for doing so.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter