[TYPO3-core] Changing behavior of the TEXT cObject

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Feb 6 11:05:25 CET 2014

Am 06.02.2014 10:04, schrieb Markus Klein:
> I'm fine with your suggestion as well, but then we have to:
> * Change ALL cObjects to be consistent; remove all the stdWrap properties from them. (sounds like a 7.0 thingy)
> * Keep a list of properties of each cObject to unset before the stdWrap-function is called.

You don't have to remove anything, since stdWrap itself contains stdWrap
as well.

Just an example:

blah = COA
blah {
   wrap = blah | blah
   stdWrap.dataWrap = blah | blah
}

This will NOT change, when we just add the stdWrap properties to the
first level as well.
But additionally you could use each stdWrap method on the first level now

blah = COA
blah {
   wrap = blah | blah
   stdWrap.dataWrap = blah | blah
   outerWrap = blah | blah
}

This would not even be a breaking change and you don't have to replace
the whole TypoScript code, since it will be fully backwards compatible.

So adding stdWrap on the first level would be a real improvement.

Hope this clarified it a bit

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de