[TYPO3-core] Reducing module-lists (in group/user) to second-level-checkboxes?

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Tue Feb 4 18:41:10 CET 2014

Hi,

when editing a group/user and you need to select which modules they are
allowed to see: Wouldn't it be useful to maybe remove the checkboxes for
things on the first level (like "Web"), just make these headers in the
selects and only offer checkboxes on the second level ("Web > Info") etc.?

In $GLOBALS['TBE_MDOULES'] things like "web" are the array-key already,
while "info" then is inside the value-array.

Currently it's so that if you selected "Web > Info" but missed to select
"Web" as well, no Web (and no submodule) will be shown. Do I suspect
right that internally we'd still need the value "web" as checked or
could we do without?

My points are:
* there is no use imho to enable a module (like "web") without a
submodule selected
* there is no use to enable a submodule but forgetting to select the
module above

Right?

If somebody agrees and is a bit more in the ModuleLoader-topic, maybe
he/she could have a short look at what's possible?

Kind regards,
 Stefan