[TYPO3-core] Reducing module-lists (in group/user) to second-level-checkboxes?

Markus Klein klein.t3 at mfc-linz.at
Wed Feb 5 10:55:21 CET 2014

Hi!

?

> Hi,
>
> when editing a group/user and you need to select which modules they are
> allowed to see: Wouldn't it be useful to maybe remove the checkboxes for
> things on the first level (like "Web"), just make these headers in the selects
> and only offer checkboxes on the second level ("Web > Info") etc.?
>
> In $GLOBALS['TBE_MDOULES'] things like "web" are the array-key already,
> while "info" then is inside the value-array.
>
> Currently it's so that if you selected "Web > Info" but missed to select "Web"
> as well, no Web (and no submodule) will be shown. Do I suspect right that
> internally we'd still need the value "web" as checked or could we do
> without?
>
> My points are:
> * there is no use imho to enable a module (like "web") without a submodule
> selected
> * there is no use to enable a submodule but forgetting to select the module
> above
>
> Right?

Right, but... There are modules which are clickable that do not have submodules. Example is the llxmltranslate extension.
Therefore we still need a possibility to enable/disable the modules as well.

Still a routine would be nice, which automagically also selects the module, if a submodule is selected.

> If somebody agrees and is a bit more in the ModuleLoader-topic, maybe
> he/she could have a short look at what's possible?
>

> Kind regards,
>  Stefan

Kind regards
Markus