[TYPO3-core] Turn off TravisCI posts to this list

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Sun Feb 2 16:55:22 CET 2014

Hi!

Thanks for bringing up this topic. I'm also a bit stressed seeing so
many of Travis notifications here lately, but most likely for a
different reason.

I understand that not only active contributors are reading this list,
but as far as I know it is the only reliable channel to contact active
contributors. Every active contributor reads this list regularily, often
a few times a day.

What is the intention of these notifications?
These mails mean that there is action needed by active contributors to
fix the breakage as soon as possible.

How can we avoid these notifications?
Every active contributor who merges, needs to check if the commit does
not break the tests. If anybody needs help with that, I'm happy to help out.

To clarify when notifications are sent:
Travis is configured to only send mails in the following cases:

1. Status change (from passing to broken (or errored) and from broken to
passing)
2. Status broken notifications are always sent

Disabling the notifications does not seem to be a good solution to me.

If somebody points out a good alternative how to reach as much active
contributors as possible with these notifications, I'm happy to change
the configuration to send them to that channel.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel