[TYPO3-core] (New) TYPO3 CMS Vision

Felix Nakelski nakelski at bergisch-media.de
Wed Aug 27 09:45:44 CEST 2014

Hi Phillipp,

to this point, I would rather agree to Michael:

>> To my knowledge, contributors are working on there free time on issues.
>>They
>> do what pleases them. Therefore any vision can only be:
>> Would be cool to have X.

> Who pays your bread? Why is it that you (contributors) work on the
> things that you personally like, but not what your customers want?

It’s ok and good, that contributors work in their free time. That’s what I
would call a community.
But: As far as I know, there is a „vision“ that calls TYPO3 CMS an
„Enterprise CMS“ - an if this „vision“ is still actual, the main goal
should or must be to fit the needs of „enterprise customers“.

For example I would call the workspaces an „Enterprise feature“. We, and I
think other agencies too, sold the TYPO3 CMS 6.2 LTS as the new „must
have“ (due to security issues and so on) and invested a lot of work into
updates. And afterwards we found out that the workspaces are not really
usable …

TYPO3 CMS 6.2 was a very big step in the evolution of the application, but
with a look on our customers, the focus of the development was set not to
the right issues.

For that, I would like to have a concrete vision, on which a new version
is developed. The vision should include some key-features which are
developed with the highest priority.

Regards,
Felix

= = =