[TYPO3-core] (New) TYPO3 CMS Vision

Claus Due claus at phpmind.net
Tue Aug 26 12:56:36 CEST 2014

Xavier writes:

> Having a centralized repository for TYPO3 extensions is what makes it
> appealing for most users.

If *that* is what you took away from my posting - that TER no longer should
be the centralized repository for TYPO3 extensions - then you completely
misunderstood me. To make it clear:

I still want TER to be the master record of which extensions are available.

I still want TER to resolve the dependencies and contain extension states.

But I also want TER to be able to "automatically create releases" from
other sources than its own central tx_ter_domain_model_extension records.

Clear enough?

> But what is the benefit for the end user (again, normal TYPO3
> integrator)? Be honest: none or next to none!

I already told you what the benefit is and I was being quite honest about it.
Maybe you missed it, so I'll repeat it here:

Shorter paths to get software onto TER means it's more likely to happen
more frequently which means both features and bugfixes can reach users
faster than they do in the current TER behavior.

Ive written quite a few extensions and I'm telling you straight out:

TER is my bottleneck and Git tag / composer support would fix this.