[TYPO3-core] (New) TYPO3 CMS Vision

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Tue Aug 19 14:20:07 CEST 2014

Hi Philipp,

Am 15.08.14 um 19:31 schrieb Philipp Gampe:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> Oliver Hader wrote:
>
>> One question on that "TYPO3 one world" product:
>> What would you take from the TYPO3 CMS world and what would you take
>> from the TYPO3 Neos universe to create this "TYPO3 Unify"?
>
> Jumping in here ;)

Thanks for your feedback!

> I would keep the TYPO3 CMS backend, drop CMS frontend support and use Neos
> for Frontend Editing. I guess Neos would need some work to fully work on
> custom models (CMS tables), but it should be doable. The CMS backend would
> need some love to read and edit content repository contents.

I'm rephrasing that to "better and working frontend editing".
Is the scope of keeping the TYPO3 CMS backend then targeted to admins or
developers only (since editors might/would be happy in the frontend then)?

> All technical details should be shifted to Flow mostly. Bootstrapping will
> be the most difficult details and will not quite some work and lots of
> thinking.

Ok, thus having a common technical base and also the possibility to join
forces on the framework part.

All the best
Olly
--