[TYPO3-core] (New) TYPO3 CMS Vision

Brodala, Mathias mbrodala at pagemachine.de
Mon Aug 18 11:25:42 CEST 2014

Hi Oliver,

(I'm sorry if I mess up threading but I'm on Outlook here :-/)

Am 15.08.14 um 13:25 schrieb Hader, Oliver:
> One question on that "TYPO3 one world" product:
> What would you take from the TYPO3 CMS world and what would you take from the TYPO3 Neos universe to create this "TYPO3 Unify"?

After giving it some thought I am inclined to say that there are a few things that I'd take from CMS if merged into Neos,
given tasks like content dimensions are implemented properly in Neos:

1. Editing of huge record pools: in CMS managing (mass) editing of thousands of records scales quite well.
2. User access rights: even if the default permission system does not suffice you can add ACL-like permissions
given the right extensions.
3. Installation: the setup/installation process of CMS beats Neos clearly since it does not impose any artificial
hurdles (date.timezone anyone?)

So in this scenario important and often used workflows are implemented in Neos which makes CMS "obsolete" (yeah, hit me ;-) )

Regards, Mathias