[TYPO3-core] (New) TYPO3 CMS Vision

Mathias Schreiber mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Mon Aug 18 14:33:32 CEST 2014

First off... sorry for being so silent the last couple of months.
Lot's of work..

First off I share the opinion that working on the aspect of decoupling is important.
There are a lot of brilliant people involved in this process and I trust them to make the right decisions.

I think we should also focus on our main stakeholders - editors.
I do not mean to thumb-down any developers, but everything we do, our mission is to enable editors to deliver 110% content.

Think of it like a car.
An engineer can dig all the cool things you put in it (and it's great these little things are in the car) but after all it's the people DRIVING the cars that matter - they should have fun doing so.

Due to lack of time I can't move forward in what I ave in mind right now.
But I can at least briefly describe the (very) rough idea that I have in mind.

Since we are confronted with a paradigm shift towards responsive design some (!) website are being built in rows rather than columns.
This applies to the type of content being delivered.
I think it is save to say that with backend layouts we have the column-style-websites covered pretty good.
So we need some way to visualize row-style-websites based upon grids.

Next up I'd love to see page-templates.
A lot of TYPO3s flexibility is built around the concept of content elements.