[TYPO3-core] (New) TYPO3 CMS Vision

Brodala, Mathias mbrodala at pagemachine.de
Fri Aug 15 12:31:40 CEST 2014

Hi,

I as a developer would like to see one thing really badly: integration of TYPO3 Flow + TYPO3 Fluid
and dropping Extbase + TYPO3 CMS Fluid. I happens a lot that a feature is missing or an issue
is encountered which has been fixed in Flow/Fluid a long time ago.

This wouldn't be an easy task of course since the core would need to delegate a lot of control
to Flow (think configuration, object lifecycle management, persistence). At the same time we
need at least some kind of migration layer to keep basically correct code working at least until
the next LTS (or whatever its name will be).

The advantages: no more doubled development, continuous porting, missing fixes from Flow
to Extbase and immediate integration of new features which can be of benefit for the CMS as
they are for Neos. Another good thing: the more people use TYPO3 Flow, the more feedback
is gathered for pointing out bugs and suggesting features.

My dream in the end: paving the path for merging CMS and Neos into one product. :-)

Regards, Mathias