[TYPO3-core] (New) TYPO3 CMS Vision

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Fri Aug 15 11:04:14 CEST 2014

Hi everybody,

currently there are different topics flying around in the TYPO3 universe
that need some care but also some more time to think about and to
elaborate on. I don't think there is the requirement to rush things and
to just do things because others might expect those things. If a process
is unclear or fuzzy, we have the freedom to take the time that is
required to turn it into something fruitful.

There is a promise we gave with TYPO3 CMS 6.2 LTS in March 2014 which
will last at least until March 2017. And besides that, continuing is
also quite obvious, but processed, working modes and the vision need
some adoption and revitalization.

This thread is open for the topic "vison for TYPO3 CMS" and is a base
for further discussions, ideas and feedback on the next larger and
long-term steps with TYPO3 CMS. Please hand in your feedback in an open
but also constructive way. Try to be specific if phrases tend to be
unclear (e.g. "TYPO3 needs to be cooler" - what exactly?).

Ok, let's start now! Thanks in advance for your input!

All the best
Olly
--
Oliver Hader