[TYPO3-core] Browser version support for next LTS

Felix Nakelski nakelski at bergisch-media.de
Fri Aug 15 09:33:49 CEST 2014

Hello everybody,

up to now I am a silent listener, but this point is very important for
everyone who is using TYPO3 I think.

>>This will also mitigate the issue that the development is too
>>developer-orientated. Unfortunately we have no vision or general
>>direction team / person.
>>Any suggestions how to solve this?

>No. Currently we try to listen, but unexpectedly nobody is around the
>corner with that new vision. Do you have any suggestions on that?

To find that vision, you should listen really close to the community, or
better to the user. How about starting an open-discussion on typo3.org or
another relevant platform?
We often get very good ideas from our customers - but we have no idea
where to address them. I tried to address this issue at the T3DD2012 in
Munich, but the only answer I got was „For this, there is board A - for
that, we have board B“.
For me, who i am not really an "active contributor“ it is very difficult
to give input to the TYPO3 core team.

Maybe there is a way to start an „open vision discussion“?

Best regards,
Felix