[TYPO3-core] Browser version support for next LTS

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Thu Aug 14 19:04:10 CEST 2014

Hi Jigal,

Am 14.08.14 um 11:55 schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
> Hi,
>
> On 14-8-2014 11:17, Michael Stucki wrote:
>> funny one ;-)
>>
>> However, the situation is not funny at all. Am I the only one who is
>> wondering about the plans for the next release? (and I don't mean the
>> schedule for it!)
>
> No, you're not. It's a problem on a larger scale too. At T3ACME14N
> during the discussions several people (including myself) indicated that
> they wanted a long term view for the development of the product. Not in
> technical detail, but about the general trends in functionality which
> will be in demand by the users of the product.
> We cannot tell anybody to build this or that, but if there is a vision
> about features and trends it is more likely that developers will form
> teams to work on it.

The vision topic is not an easy one if it's about walking on a different
path. We identified that usability and end-user-happiness is important
in general, but most of the specific steps we can take are of course
technical.
Currently there are these agency meet-up days and I'm looking forward to
hopefully get some feedback and input for the product. But I'm not sure
whether this will end up in a (new) vision.

> This will also mitigate the issue that the development is too
> developer-orientated. Unfortunately we have no vision or general
> direction team / person.
>
> Any suggestions how to solve this?

No. Currently we try to listen, but unexpectedly nobody is around the
corner with that new vision. Do you have any suggestions on that?

All the best
Olly
--
Oliver Hader