[TYPO3-core] Exceptions in FAL

Steffen Ritter steffen.ritter at typo3.org
Sun Sep 15 17:31:18 CEST 2013

Am 13.09.13 09:26, schrieb François Suter:
> Hi all,

Hi back,
It's sad that no one answered yet.

> The problem is that the Resource throws a
> InsufficientFileAccessPermissionsException whereas the
> ExtendedFileUtility expects a InsufficientUserPermissionsException.
>
> Which way should this be fixed? Should the
> InsufficientFileAccessPermissionsException be added to the exceptions
> caught by ExtendedFileUtility?

Yes, I think so.

  Should it replace
> InsufficientUserPermissionsException?

No, because the reasons are different, the one comes from the Driver
(therefore filesystem), the other one from TYPO3 (beuser permissions)

  Or should the Resource rather trow
> InsufficientUserPermissionsException?

If it's a restriction from TYPO3, yes.

> Furthermore it seems to me that the resource being a Folder in this case
> should throw a InsufficientFolderAccessPermissionsException rather than
> a InsufficientFileAccessPermissionsException.

Hm, a folder is a kind of file, too :)

> And do we need so many exceptions? Isn't it a bit too fine-grained in
> this particular case?

The last two questions (FolderAccess vs. FileAccess and
too-fine-grained) I cannot answer right now - I would need to see the
actual case.

> Cheers

I hope my answer serves you enough to go on.

regards

Steffen