[TYPO3-core] Exceptions in FAL

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Sep 13 09:26:57 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I have stumbled a minor issue, but need advice on how to fix it best. I
was trying to rename a folder with a user which didn't have the rights
to do this. Instead of an error message I got an uncaught exception.

The problem is that the Resource throws a
InsufficientFileAccessPermissionsException whereas the
ExtendedFileUtility expects a InsufficientUserPermissionsException.

Which way should this be fixed? Should the
InsufficientFileAccessPermissionsException be added to the exceptions
caught by ExtendedFileUtility? Should it replace
InsufficientUserPermissionsException? Or should the Resource rather trow
InsufficientUserPermissionsException?

Furthermore it seems to me that the resource being a Folder in this case
should throw a InsufficientFolderAccessPermissionsException rather than
a InsufficientFileAccessPermissionsException.

And do we need so many exceptions? Isn't it a bit too fine-grained in
this particular case?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter