[TYPO3-core] Exceptions in FAL

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Sep 16 12:01:48 CEST 2013

Hi Steffen,

>> Which way should this be fixed? Should the
>> InsufficientFileAccessPermissionsException be added to the exceptions
>> caught by ExtendedFileUtility?
>
> Yes, I think so.

OK.

> Should it replace
>> InsufficientUserPermissionsException?
>
> No, because the reasons are different, the one comes from the Driver
> (therefore filesystem), the other one from TYPO3 (beuser permissions)

I see.

> Or should the Resource rather trow
>> InsufficientUserPermissionsException?
>
> If it's a restriction from TYPO3, yes.

It is indeed, in this case.

>> Furthermore it seems to me that the resource being a Folder in this case
>> should throw a InsufficientFolderAccessPermissionsException rather than
>> a InsufficientFileAccessPermissionsException.
>
> Hm, a folder is a kind of file, too :)

Sure, but then why do we have separate models and separate exceptions?
The InsufficientFolderAccessPermissionsException exists, so I guess we
should use them.

>> And do we need so many exceptions? Isn't it a bit too fine-grained in
>> this particular case?
>
> The last two questions (FolderAccess vs. FileAccess and
> too-fine-grained) I cannot answer right now - I would need to see the
> actual case.

Well, I was just looking at the long list of exceptions and wondering
whether it made sense to have so many, but that's slightly off the topic
of my initial question and is probably more a matter of taste.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch