[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 releases compatibility with PHP, MySQL and Browsers

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Mon Sep 9 06:58:59 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 8-9-2013 17:21, Helmut Hummel wrote:
> my following question are not zynical. Since all enterprise customers we
> had when I worked at Bitmotion had at least IE9, I just wonder what your
> data source is to come to this conclusions.

Commercial customers of ours seem to use more modern browsers, but at
least a few (semi-)government organisations still use older IE versions
(7 or 8). One uses a citrix environment for most (if not all) of their
users to work on and that still uses IE7.

If older IE versions are not supported they might be forced to install
other browsers for their existing sites. New customers in such a
position might say no to TYPO3 CMS if they are looking for a new web
site. This situation hasn't come up before because of the IE6 support in
4.5.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor