[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 releases compatibility with PHP, MySQL and Browsers

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon Sep 9 11:59:40 CEST 2013

Am 08.09.2013 17:21, schrieb Helmut Hummel:
> Hi Joey,
>
> my following question are not zynical. Since all enterprise customers we
> had when I worked at Bitmotion had at least IE9, I just wonder what your
> data source is to come to this conclusions.
>
> On 08.09.13 15:45, Jo Hasenau wrote:
>
>> You are right that most of the businesses skipped Vista and directly
>> went to Windows 7.
>> But even though they might have installed service packs as well, this
>> does not necessarily mean they upgraded the IE versions accordingly.
>
> This *might* be the case, or *is* the case?
>
>> So many of the "enterprise" clients are on WIn7/IE8.
>
> You *know* that or do you *asume* that? Do you know any reliable data
> source that proofs one or the other?

It definitely is the case for 100K+ users at Telekom with most of them
being on WIN7 + IE8, and some of them still on WINXP, IE6.

This is due to the fact that Microsoft does not have to provide the
"browser selection" with the business versions of Windows, which the EU
enforced them to provide for private users.
Due to several security policies it is more or less impossible for
critical businesses to go for anything else than IE8 internally. Sounds
funny, but that's the way it is ;-)

Just my 2 cents

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian