[TYPO3-core] What happened to $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['logfile_dir'] ?

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Mon Oct 14 10:26:39 CEST 2013

Hi,

I just found out that Awstats was no longer working in a site that was upgraded
to TYPO3 6.1. The logfiles that used to be written to the location set in
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['logfile_dir'] are no longer written.

When checking the core, I found that since 6.0, there is no reference to
'logfile_dir' anymore. But the configuration option is still there in the
install tool.
Did I miss something when searching, or has this really been dropped? And did it
happen by mistake during the big file reshuffle, or was it intentionally?

Cheers,
Loek