[TYPO3-core] Bypass version compatibility check in 6.2 extension manager

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Nov 15 21:15:04 CET 2013

bernd wilke schrieb am 15.11.2013 14:27:

>> Talking about hidden features, do you want the method to install a
>> version other than the latest back in EM?
>
> YES!
> just at the moment we have the situation: a lot of extension were made
> 6.0 ready with a major version-change. old versions of TYPO3 (<=4.7)
> need an older than the newest version to run. Do you really think we
> never will get the same situation?
>
> also if there is a new extension version, you changed to the newest -
> and find a regression after two days.
> dropping all pages with the extension until the extension author
> releases a new fixed version?
> mostly a no-go, so back to the latest version.

If you click on the version number in the EM under "Get Extensions" you
end up in a view called "Show all versions of XXXX" and this allows you
to see all versions that are still available through TER and even
install the desired one. Isn't that the feature you are talking about?
Clicking on the version number seems "ok" as an usability feature for
that. Any improvement suggestion here?

Cheers,
Ernesto