[TYPO3-core] Bypass version compatibility check in 6.2 extension manager

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sat Nov 16 14:55:34 CET 2013

Hi,

On 15-11-2013 14:27, bernd wilke wrote:
> Am 15.11.13 13:26, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
>> On 15-11-2013 12:15, bernd wilke wrote:
>>> one of the hidden features. I'm very unhappy about these features you
>>> can use only if you know where to hover and wait/ which area to click,
>>> so there are no hints about links or eventhandlers
>>
>> The icon which shows that there is a newer version available is a hidden
>> feature??
>
> a context menu which appears on hovering while a click follows another
> link.

Oh, I didn't explain well enough. There is an icon displayed in the
first column if a newer version of the extension is available. If you
click that icon you can a confirmation dialogue that shows the commit
messages of the versions between your installation and the latest.
That's not a hidden feature to me.

>> Talking about hidden features, do you want the method to install a
>> version other than the latest back in EM?
>
> YES!

Hmmm.. In the previous EM (the "new" EM in 4.5 - 4.7) you could install
older versions if you went to the TER list (not the installed extension
list), right clicked on an extension and selected the option to install
older versions. That's what you call a hidden feature...

> also if there is a new extension version, you changed to the newest -
> and find a regression after two days.
> dropping all pages with the extension until the extension author
> releases a new fixed version?
> mostly a no-go, so back to the latest version.

Ernesto already explained how to do this. The version number in the list
has a small arrow next to it to indicate that there is more to be found
behind that link.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor