[TYPO3-core] Second Meeting for TYPO3 6.2 LTS Release

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Mon May 27 23:41:39 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 27.05.13 22:44, Christian Kuhn wrote:

>> But this was a punctual decision - which is still not final due to the
>> current discussion here.
>
> Thanks for your words Ernesto. I brought up int_from_ver because of its
> chicken-egg problem.

I should have had time to participate the meeting :-/

In any case, you finally convinced me, that int_from_ver is indeed a
special case, which we should re-introduce.

I would like to suggest to re-introduce it in 6.1 however as a bugfix,
to have at least a bit of consistency here. Would that be OK for all of you?

> An example of a working solution can be found in ext:news [1], and even
> Georg needed two or three iterations to get it done with all versions.
> BTW: Georgs utility class is very useful and I've already copied it to
> several own projects.

Yes that is indeed very useful. Maybe provide this code in an own
compatibility extension in TER? Just an idea...

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel