[TYPO3-core] Closing of issues

Alexander Opitz alexander.opitz at googlemail.com
Sun May 12 12:17:47 CEST 2013

Hi Michael,

> I think that is not very encouraging for the reporter and should be
> changed. Instead of closing, change the status to "resolved".

I don't like the word "resolved" but technical, if user can reopen this, it
sounds better in handling and then close them after the 90 day delay.

> Additionally, add a nice message to the update, for example:
>
> | It looks like nobody else could reproduce the problem for more than a
> | year, therefore I am closing the issue now.
> | If you think this is wrong, please reopen the issue and mention that
> | it still occurs in the latest version. Thank you for understanding!

Yes thats something I'd liked to write in the issues which I want to
"close".

> Note that I use the word "close" but technically we're just resolving
> the issue. From time to time we can go ahead and close all resolved
> issues, to have the issue tracker cleaned up.

So maybe can we have a state "closing", which normal users can set back to
"new" if they think we hadn't understand him or we didn't solved the problem
the right way? So we have following possibility:

If issue is old, needs more info and so on
=> "Needs Feedback"
If no response happen in 30 days
=> Set to "closing" with the nice message
If nothing happens in the next 60 days
=> "closed"

Also I'd like following (but don't know if this is possible with redmine):

If an issue is new and an active contributor/issue updater can verify it
=> "Verified"
If an issue is new and has more then 10 Votes
=> "Verified"
If someone starts working on an issue
=> "Accepted" and set "Assigned" to themself.

Greetings Alex//