[TYPO3-core] Issue handling

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri May 10 09:58:09 CEST 2013

Hi bernd wilke,

bernd wilke wrote:

> this kind of issue handling is a big dissapointment in my
> TYPO3-experience.

This kind of issue handling is absolutely normal for OS projects. Nobody has
time to dig into all issues, especially if they require a more specific test
scenario first. We are all working in our free time and do our best to fix
bug (this includes rewriting/ cleaning up the code to support easier, side-
effect-free bugfixing).

I know many projects that just close issues of versions they don't support
any more. If the issues is still relevant, then someone should have added a
note to it. After all you can always open a new issue and link to the old
one.

Keeping the list of issues small, makes bugfixing easier, because you see
the more relevant issues. Also the chance for duplicates is significantly
lowered if there are not that many issues open.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!