[TYPO3-core] Proposal for the upcoming Roadmap and LTS

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Mar 13 15:38:37 CET 2013

Hi,

> I can't write about something that is not decided yet. What do you suggest?

Sure, I understand. I guess it was my way of complaining that nothing
has been decided yet. There have been lots of talks and suggestions, and
Olly was supposed to submit some kind of draft to foster discussion
here. In the meantime we have no global vision of how to handle big
changes in 6.1 and 6.2. I still maintain that we should try to avoid
them as much as possible, to make it easier to upgrade from 4.5 to 6.2.
Look at how extension developers have trouble coping with TYPO3 releases.

> I guess people will understand it. What would you write instead? 6.3?
> 7.0? We didn't decide about it yet...

True, but I fear this may raise a lot of questions. Maybe the article
should have at least mentioned that beyond 6.2 is undecided.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter