[TYPO3-core] Proposal for the upcoming Roadmap and LTS

Michael Stucki michael.stucki at typo3.org
Wed Mar 13 15:24:42 CET 2013

Hi Francois,

> While having a 6.2 LTS definitely answers the community's wishes, it's a
> shame the vision doesn't include recent concerns about minor/major
> versions, for example, as this could answer how to pave the path to 6.2,
> without having too many big refactorings on the way and making
> everyone's life more difficult when trying to move from 4.5 to 6.2.

I can't write about something that is not decided yet. What do you suggest?

The main points of the article were clear since December, and nobody
objected to it when I asked (several times).

I have also asked Benni and Oliver once more before posting the article
and both agreed that it is fine.

> And what's this weird 6.2+x thing?

I guess people will understand it. What would you write instead? 6.3?
7.0? We didn't decide about it yet...

Greetings, Michael