[TYPO3-core] PHP version requirement

Stefan Reichelt eichelt at web.de
Fri Mar 8 09:12:59 CET 2013

Hello everyone,

please don't go back requiring some oldass version because of the
timewasting backport policies of some.

I see TYPO3 6.x as 'nextgen' (at least in the TYPO3 market anyway :) )
and as such I understand that if you want to use modern techniques you
also need modern technologies. If you want fullout long term stability
it is not your version and you are better of with the LTS (which is a
point of the LTS concept anyway?).

I suppose by the time the next LTS comes around this whole 'discussion'
won't be a problem anymore. Until then, given how our world works, a
conflict between the wanted-version and the has-version was bound to
happen anyway.

Kind regards
Stefan