[TYPO3-core] Cleaning up migrated sysext manuals

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Jun 13 21:10:37 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I have fully cleaned up a first sysext manual after migration to ReST. I
chose felogin as an example (quite complete in terms of markup usage,
but not too long).

The following changeset can be considered a reference for such work:

https://github.com/fsuter/TYPO3.CMS.Documentation.Migration/commit/8ce22c3e6a7ab86f8b2f3941e273fc0df8e17c8c

although I did a bit more than the strict cleanup, some improvements
which came from the habit of writing documentation.

There are a few questions which need answers:

- what meta-tags to choose on the cover page? I have taken the official
manuals as an example. I especially wonder about the author and the
email. For the author I would use "TYPO3 CMS Core Development Team" (the
same way we use "Documentation Team" for the official manuals). For the
email I would remove it entirely, as I think it doesn't make sense.

- what version number to use? I have currently set 6.2.0, but I would
propose dropping the last number and just write 6.2. Otherwise we will
need to think about updating version numbers also inside the manuals (in
2 different places) for each release, which seems pointless.

- additional content on the cover page. On the official documentation,
each manual has two paragraphs on the cover page explaining what is
official documentation and what kind of manual this is. The latter makes
no sense for sysext manual, but what about the former? Should there be a
short paragraph that this particular manual is about a system extension?

Please follow up to "typo3.teams.core". Can't do that myself, as my
newsreader client bugs when I enter a follow-up address :-(

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch